Tuesday, August 9, 2011

WELCOME

"The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book."

I am a BIG Dr. Seuss fan!
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

WELCOME to my blog: Kindergarten Korner where I will post teaching ideas and the neat experiences I encounter in my profession. I am a Kindergarten teacher and LOVE it. Education has always been my passion and kids just make my day brighter. The best aspects of my job include teaching (of course)-I enjoy helping others, I can be a kid again (sing, dance, finger paint, etc), it is rewarding, kids truly do say the darnest thing, and I make a difference. It is true what they say, all you really need to know you learned in Kindergarten:


All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten
by Robert Fulghum
Most of what I really need to know about how to live
and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten.
Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate school mountain,
but there in the sand pile at Sunday school. These are the things I learned:

Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life—learn some and think some and
draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work everyday some.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic,
hold hands and stick together.
Be aware of wonder.

4 comments:

  1. welcome to the blogging world! I am a reader, not a writer :) I tried to start a blog but decided against it....it takes time man! I look forward to reading your stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so cute. yay!! i will have to share your link on my blog so you get some more followers.

    and yes i truly believe all you need to know you learned in kindergarten.
    and FLUSH should be #1. bahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I am excited to see you on here. I have a few teachers blogs that I am following, you should take a look.

    I can't wait to read more of Crazy Miss Wetzlers posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang, we are opposites--I would rather write than read a paper. I won't blog every day, but it is still going to take time. Since I don't have a life--blogging can be my new hobby, hahaha.

    Cassie, I am going to work on the following your blog and Christi's tonight if I can figure it out. You should always FLUSH, bahahaha.

    Christi, I plan on following other teacher's blogs and getting some new ideas. Oh I am sure as the school year progresses I will have some dandy stories for you all to read. Who knows, maybe one day it may turn into a book.....

    ReplyDelete